My Little Pie

My Little Pie

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Getting impatient!!

I am getting so eager to trail a new food with Iyla. It's been weeks since we have been able to! Reactions and sickness have been non stop. Right now we don't really know what is going on with her. The past week she has been really really grumpy (unless we are out), she has had random diarrhoea that isn't mucousy but is very acidy, runny, green (could be the broccoli she eats), and burns her poor bottom instantly. The other day she threw up twice. Once a huge one and the next just a big regurgitation of her dinner. Then randomly she'll be constipated for a day. I'm so confused! Could also be teething i guess. She has two that are close to cutting through. But the constant grumpiness, everything is a huge drama, i want mum to hold me all the time and random hysterical screaming fits seem a bit dramatic for teething. She has never done this with her other teeth and the ones coming through aren't molars.I don't want to start a new trial now when i don't know if there is a reason for her behaviour and poo problems.It will just confuse things even more. I need some patience though!!

We thought after her reaction to antibiotics that she had lost honeydew melon as a safe food. I fed her some and exactly 2hrs later she woke up screaming hysterically. She screamed non stop for 2hrs when i finally gave her a bath to try help with the obvious tummy pains. It helped and she crashed out in bed after that. When Reuben came home from work though we did the muscle test with the melon and it was fine so the next day i bravely gave her a little bit again. She was perfectly FINE!! I was so happy! The next day i found an apple core on the floor behind the kids chairs (Grrrr! Just can't seem to teach Connor and Abbey to put them in the bin after they have finished them!!) so i'm guessing that is what caused the reaction.


Onto some exciting news! I got my hair cut today and got talking to the hairdresser about Iyla and her very limited foods. She told me that you can make yeast out of potato and then use that to make bread. I did some googling and found this website potato yeast. I can't wait to try it out! Another form of food would be awesome!! Almost as good as a new food ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment